- VRTC for blind has been Awarded the Cheshire Homes Award - 2016 for its exemplary services (Best Institutional Award) in the field of disability. The Award is being received by the Director from the Hon'ble Shri. Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki, Governor of Punjab & Haryana and Admisistrator UT Chandigarh on the 31st March 2016.
- The founder director Late Dr.E.M.Johnson has received many awards for his
outstanding contribution in the field of Rehabilitation and welfare for the
disabled community. They are as follows:-
- Recipient of the President’s Prestigious National Award – 1988 in Public Recognition of his outstanding work in the field of handicapped welfare.
- The prestigious RCI – Hong Kong Foundation International Institution Award – 1996 was also presented to him for his outstanding performance in promoting vocational training for persons with visually handicapped.
- Dr. E.M.Johnson was also the Recipient of Rustom Merwanji Alpaiwala Memorail Award – 1998 for his Professional outstanding work in the areas of blind welfare and Prevention of Blindness.
- 20th Century Best Service Award was also conferred on him by the Indian Association for the Blind for dedicating his entire life in working for the visually impaired persons and associating with several organizations.
- Thomas Memorial National Award – 2000 was also conferred on him by the All India Blind Welfare Trust, Chennai for his Exemplary Service.
- Proclaimed as one of the Eminent Personalities of India by the International Biographical Research Foundation, India.
- Recipient of the Subash Chandra Bose National Award for Excellence – 2000.
- Recipient of Punjab Sarkar Parman Patra for his Exemplary Services in the field of Social Service, Govt.of Punjab 2003.
- The following are awards received by Mrs.Sara Johnson for her contribution in
the field of Disability welfare:-
- Best Social Worker Award from the Punjab State Social Advisory Board, Chandigarh – 2005.
- Received Surakshana Devi Award from the Punjab Welfare Association for the Blind, Punjab – 2005.
- Received Mother Theresa Award – 2006 in recognition of Best Social Worker.
- Received Rattan Award – 2006 for the exemplary services in the field of Social Work.
- Has been declared by the Govt. of Punjab as Shakti Shali Nari on the World Women’s Day 2008.
- The Executive Director Mrs. Sara Johnson received an appreciation award from the PSAB, through the hands of Hon’ble Chief Minister of Punjab S.Parkash Singh Badal.
- Received the State Institutional Award from the Govt. of Punjab on International Disabled Day, the 3rd December 2008.
Picture shows Sh.Swarna Ram , Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of Punjab awarding an institutional award to Mrs. Sara Johnson, Executive Director. Disability Commissioner,Punjab and Principal Secretary Sh. Harjit Singh and the Director, Social Security Women & Child Development Punjab Smt. Rakhi Bhandari are also seen in the picture.
The Executive Director Mrs. Sara Johnson received an appreciation award from the PSAB, through the hands of Hon’ble Chief Minister of Punjab S.Parkash Singh Badal.